"Ask Me Why" is a original song by The Beatles. It has been released in various forms of media.
"Ask Me Why" was written by John Lennon. It was part of their live act prior to their recording contract, and was one of the songs performed at their Parlophone audition in Abbey Road's studio three on 6 June 1962. Originally released in the United Kingdom as the B-side of their hit single "Please Please Me". It was also included on their first UK album, Please Please Me. "Ask Me Why" was originally recorded at Abbey Road studios on 6 June 1962 with an unknown number of takes as part of The Beatles' EMI audition. The two quarter-inch tape reels from that session were later destroyed by EMI. It was recorded again on 26 November 1962, the same day The Beatles rehearsed "Tip of My Tongue", another Lennon and McCartney song which, along with "Ask Me Why", was also being considered for the B-side of the "Please Please Me" single.
- Single - B-side b/w "Please Please Me"; 11 January 1963 (UK), 25 February 1963 (US)
- Please Please Me (Album) - 22 March 1963
- Introducing... The Beatles - Version two (of the album); 10 February 1964
- The Early Beatles - 22 March 1965
- Live! at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany; 1962 - 8 April 1977
|Please Please Me||Songs||There's a Place|